EvergreenHealth is seeking an Experienced RN to join the well-established and dynamic Pain Management Team.
Hours: 6:00am - 5:30pm
This RN is responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of all patients within the Pain Care Program receiving interventional spinal procedures within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
1. Assesses and plans for the admission and recovery of patients from injections specialized procedures.
2. Acts as pre-procedure Admitting Nurse.
3. Admits patient from the Procedure Room and receives the report from the Moderate Sedation Nurse.
4. During procedure, uses special equipment, e.g., Baylis Radiofrequency equipment. Administers moderate sedation according to Interventional Spine Care policy. Initiates any necessary treatment for the full recovery of the patient, evaluates and records patient condition. Administers and record any necessary medication.
5. Performs discharge procedure according to Interventional Spine Care policies and procedures.
6. Performs weekly narcotic counts following Interventional Spine Care policies and procedures.
7. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in a timely way.
8. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to Charge Nurse or Supervisor and Physician.
9. Coordinates the Patient plan of Care with all disciplines. .
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire.
For Pain Management 1 year of experience in Pain Management
Conscious Sedation Certification within 6 months of hire
Current ACLS on hire
Proficiency in airway management/adjuncts
Ability to identify EKG rhythms and related necessary interventions
Understanding of Pain Management and related-pharmacology
Understanding of Cardiac and emergency medication pharmacology
DESIRED for the position:
Proficiency with IV skills and techniques