****Up to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth****
EvergreenHealth is the largest, most innovative stand-alone Home Health provider in King and Snohomish counties. With our low staff turnover and continued growth we are in need of additional staff. If you are looking for days and flexibility, EvergreenHealth is the place for you.
Key and Important details:
Start your day from home on a supplied laptop and cell phone
Only occasionally will you need to come to Kirkland once you complete orientation
Full-time positions work Monday Friday day shift
Part-time positions have a couple of different scheduling options
Positions are WSNA union and have the same rate of pay has hospital based positions
Positions are paid hourly and include mileage reimbursement.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospice, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
1. Provides direct patient care.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients (including, but not limited to home health patients).
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Initiates patient start of care through established admission process.
5. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
6. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
7. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
8. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to team members, DPOA, and physician.
9. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospice, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
10. Functions as a patient advocate.
11. Assists other staff in completion of their duties, when time permits.
12. Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to effectively execute the nursing process.
13. Promotes good public relations between patient, family members, hospital, and community.
14. Practices within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.