EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced RN to join the Nursing Resources Float Pool Team. Progressive Care and Telemetry Nursing experience are required.
Job Summary: Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
Qualifications: License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire (For Emergency Department only)
DESIRED for the position:
Masters degree in Nursing
Additional pay for BSN, MSN and CCRN
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and Retirement program
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care.
Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within 5 years of employment.