Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On: Wed Feb 17 2021 Job Description:
CIIS is searching for a Clinic Director for the Integral Counseling Center (ICC) at Pierce Street, a low-to-moderate fee Counseling Psychology training clinic in San Francisco specializing in relational counseling and psychotherapy. The Pierce Street Clinic Director is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and operation of the clinical training program, working collaboratively with CIIS Administration, and supervising the Clinic Manager. This positions is Part-time at 60% FTE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clinic Director is responsible for a small mental health clinic that trains approximately 25-30 MA practicum and post-graduate clinicians in psychodynamic and relational counseling skills. The Director oversees the entire training clinic, provides weekly clinical supervision, recruits additional supervisors and trainers as needed, and facilitates group process. The Director facilitates and maintains activities that support the learning and development of the Pierce Street community, including retreats, open houses, and interviewing (with the Clinic Manager) potential new trainees twice per year. The Director develops annual budgets, conducts and implements strategic planning, and oversees all aspects of the thriving educational and professional community.
The position requires strong management, business, and clinical skills including crisis management. It requires the capacity to work collaboratively with an administrative management team, academic program team, directors of other CIIS clinics, clinical supervisors and trainers, a clinic manager, and students, all within a university actively committed to expanding diversity and inclusion.
- Three to five years of experience teaching or training graduate students in basic counseling skills
- Three to five years of experience providing psychodynamic, psychotherapeutic, and relational teaching or training
- Three to five years of experience conducting clinical group supervision
- Advanced facilitation skills in group process
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong clinical and professional boundaries in a complex, high-demand environment, while creating a community of learning, support, and mutual reflection
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience actively preparing counseling students or trainees to meet the evolving challenges of our diverse communities
- Commitment to integral approaches to learning and best practices in psychotherapy
- Interpersonal, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Program development, implementation, and evaluation skills
- Excellent organizational, managerial, and business skills including budget development, strategic planning, and revenue reporting
- Familiarity with California Board of Behavioral Science regulations for practicum sites and trainees
- Current mental health licensure in California required. Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, or Clinical Psychologist preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions - During pandemic conditions, duties are conducted primarily virtually. When public health safety permits, duties are resumed in a clinic/office environment located in the Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco, at a desk or computer terminal and in therapy/group rooms, Wednesdays and various other weekdays as coordinated with Clinic staff. Must be available to attend occasional CIIS meetings in the South of Market area of San Francisco, community and clinic retreats. Must be able to ascend and descend up to two flights of stairs throughout the course of a workday.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided on request.