Data Governance Analyst
YOU You are a Data Governance Analyst because you love data and the power it holds to impact the success of the company you work for is supporting. You enjoy working with the business to understand all Data Sources and build confidence in Enterprise Data.
US - Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We are the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care U.S. Concealed Carry Association. The U.S. Concealed Carry Association exists to help responsibly armed Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe. The USCCA is one of the fastest-growing membership associations in the nation. We are proud to be recognized as an Inc. 5000 company NINE years in a row; recipient of Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 5 years in a row, and Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 5 years in a row!
YOU You are looking for a place where you can be on the ground floor creating, defining, and implementing Data Governance. You want to work in an environment where you will always have fresh new projects to work on that stretch your skills. You thrive in an environment where you have a voice in strategy discussions and are able to see the impact of your work.
US The Analytics Team at Delta Defense is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer who is passionate about data and driven to evaluate and understand how it can improve our members' experiences. We are a growth-oriented company with smart, innovative people who believe in what we do for our customers, our employees and our communities.
In this role you will play a key role in setting up and implementing Data Governance that will help build confidence in our Enterprise Data consumed company wide. The Data Governance Analyst will be focused on identifying and documenting all Data Sources used company wide, understand how the data is used/stored, and work with the other BI Teams to ensure accurate Data and Reporting.
You will use your skills to work closely with the business to better understand what data sources they use, how they use the data sources, and validate against the Warehouse/Reporting Tool. You will bring your strong performance record, excellent analytical and communication skills as well as your ability to rapidly adapt and execute on projects to our collaborative team. In this role, you will own the Data Governance process and responsibilities ranging from evaluation to implementation.
- Support all data governance initiatives
- Identify and document all Company data sources
- Work with the business to ensure data ownership and quality, and understand how Data/Reporting is setup
- Work with the other BI Teams to ensure proper Data Setup, Usage, and Validation
- Updates and maintains supporting documentation
- Understand and Document the Data Differences between systems
- Validate and ensure the Data Warehouse is as accurate as possible
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience with establishing and implementing Data Governance Principles, Policies and Processes within an Enterprise Data Strategy Framework.
- 3-5 years experience with GoogleAnalytics.
- 3-5 experience understanding business processes and business use of data
- 1-3 years of Basic SQL Experience a plus
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Strong ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Proven time management skills in deadline-driven work.
- Be a self-starter, have high standards, and be able to work independently on a team to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Domo a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense LLC.