Delta Defense, LLC is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA helps responsible Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.
We're one of the fastest-growing companies in America and a favorite workplace in SE Wisconsin.
Named on Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies List 9 years in a row
#1 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
The Training Specialist designs and conducts training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. This position works within a team to provide employees with learning opportunities to help meet organizational goals and analyzes training needs throughout the organization. This role is part of the growing Learning and Development we offer our new and existing team members.
- Design and develop training material (course materials such as handouts or visual materials, guides or training procedure manuals) to meet learning objectives and accommodate a variety of learning styles using adult learning principles.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos or lectures. Evaluate modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual to optimize training effectiveness, training costs or other impacts.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Engage learners and vary delivery style to fit the audience.
- Manage group dynamics and creates a positive learning climate where learners feel safe to try new skills and behaviors, individual differences are respected, and confidentiality is supported.
- Facilitate the delivery of training by reserving and setting up audiovisual equipment and training rooms; schedule training times with attendees; prepare and distribute training aids such as handouts; and perform other related tasks
- Facilitate adhoc training sessions requested of the team, including company-wide rollouts and onboarding of new hires across Delta.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Create and deliver a positive, fun and rewarding classroom training environment.
- Work with Instructional Designers to create eLearning modules for training courses.
- Understand and problem-solve concerns and questions in real-time from students in the classroom.
- Continually coach Delta's Core Values to the new hires.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Training & Development or a related field strongly preferred - or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of training experience (adult training and in business/professional environments beneficial)
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Effective facilitation and classroom management skills with the ability to present information using a variety of techniques and media.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with other departments, outside vendors, and associates of all levels
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in word processing and presentation software; Salesforce knowledge a strong plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and very detail-oriented.
- Ability to be extremely pliable on a moment's notice.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, self-directed and work independently.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC.
This role must be able to work from the West Bend, Wisconsin HQ.