As a key member of the Human Resources team, responsibilities include employee relations, training, recruiting, performance management, benefits management, administration of collective bargaining agreements, grievance handling, and payroll functions in a manufacturing plant. Assists and coordinates Human Resources activities. Recommends strategic best practice methods for both Union Hourly and Non-Union employees. Ensures legal regulatory compliance, organizational development and business ethics by performing the following duties personally or through supervisors. Travel may be required.
Responsibilities that are requirements in order to perform the job:
- Conducts recruitment effort for site location, which includes reviewing application, prescreening candidates and coordinating interviews to fill vacant positions
- Administer new hire orientation, including all onboarding responsibilities, while ensuring corresponding processes are completed in a timely manner
- Resolves employee relations issues by investigating questions and/or concerns
- Facilitates and/or provides required and necessary training to the workforce while maintaining accurate recordkeeping
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Assists with the processing and submittal of payroll
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; and responding in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions based on business needs:
- Supports positive employee relations by providing advice and guidance regarding policies
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Key resource for the employees regarding the information and administration of the Companys group insurance benefits and policies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lead projects
- Experience working with projects from inception to completion
- Four year degree with concentrations in Human Resources or Industrial Relations preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Labor relations and employment experience in a union environment preferred
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel approximately 5% of the time.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the individual performing the job may differ from those outlined, and other functions, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement:
Sumitomo Bakelite North America Holding Inc., and all its affiliate companies, is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, military or veteran status, genetic information, height, weight, familial status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.