Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is one of the largest and most trusted Motorola partners offering wireless communication solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Our customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products and services including two-way radio, vehicle uplift, video and access control, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless communications. Our more than 18,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, education, healthcare, utilities, and government.
A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our service first DNA culture. Service is not just a motto for MCA, it is an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities. With more than 800 employees and almost 70 locations throughout 10 states, we are here when you need us the most.
MCA is building a team of people who share our core values of service first, collaboration, trust, and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is seeking two experienced RF Field Technicians in our Raleigh, NC location. The individual(s) in this role must be able to rapidly diagnose and correct issues and concerns at customer or other remote sites and in the service shop facility. The Field Technician will be responsible for addressing wireless systems to include but limited to mobile products, portable products, paging, base stations, repeaters, and remote products. The Field Technician will interface directly with the customer and therefore must be professional with excellent communication skills
- Install, maintain, and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment.
- Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Service accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; troubleshooting, investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Document service and installation actions by completing work tickets, reports, and logs.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential. Always maintain professional rapport with customers by keeping them informed.
- Participate in after hours, on-call service schedule.
- 2+ years Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
- Knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
- Proficiency in setup and program routers and switches, set up VLANs and VPNs
- Operate various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR's, FDR's, and multi-meters.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- 2-year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- CET Certification
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- P25 system and/or Motorola TRBO experience.
- Must be able to get Security Clearance.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Background checks are part of the hiring process, which may include a Motor Vehicle Check.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
No Direct Reports
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 25%) Some overnight travel may be expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.