Trimlite is a manufacturer of decorative door-lites, stile and rail doors and a wholesale distributor of doors, millwork and building material related products to the building trade. We're looking for a Quality Engineer to test our products and procedures and ensure they meet safety and quality standards.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with various inspection techniques and be able to act as an auditor for all of our internal systems identifying issues and recommending solutions. If you hold a degree in engineering or quality assurance and have a great attention to detail, we'd like to meet you. Ultimately, you'll help us build products that address our customers' needs.
Quality Engineer Job Description:
Quality Engineer responsibilities vary across industries and companies, but the main tasks include testing systems and procedures to ensure they meet technical standards and creating quality and safety documentation. QA Engineers are responsible for identifying technical issues and getting to the root of the problem. They also proactively recommend solutions that'll improve product durability and overall performance.
- Set detailed guidelines on what needs to be checked and what the quality standards are
- Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes and improvements
- Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures
- Monitor the entire production cycle and perform regular tests to identify potential malfunctions as early as possible
- Inspect product materials for defects and durability
- Identify the root of technical issues and recommend fixes
- Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions (e.g. number of defective raw materials per order)
- Review and catalog current blueprints and quality documentation
- Set and track quality assurance goals (e.g. reduce average turnaround time for quality checks)
- Coordinate with external certification organizations to ensure legal compliance
- Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products
- Previous work experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Team spirit
- Good analytical skills
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
We offer a competitive wage based on applicants' qualifications and previous work experience, and a full benefits package after completing 2 months of employment.
Work hours are Monday Friday, 40 hours per week,.
Trimlite is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full-time position. Monday-Friday
No Cold Calling or Phone Solicitation
Job Type: Full-time