See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job ID: 2020-3638
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of line maintenance on his/ her assigned aircraft. The Manager, 767 Flight Maintenance is responsible for tracking, correcting, and providing accurate status information on all technical discrepancies on the aircraft. Leads the effort in maintaining his/ her aircraft in a safe, airworthy and compliant condition.
- Supervises Technical Representative(s), and/or Line Maintenance Supervisor(s) as assigned.
- Coordinates personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance in their station / geographic area as assigned.
- Ensures personnel under his/ her supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
- Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
- Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
- Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Provides resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations.
- Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
- Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
- Responsible for ensuring timely return of correct and accurate aircraft maintenance log pages to MCC.
- Coordinates with MCC for maintenance and aircraft status information.
- Monitors mechanical problems, Aircraft and Powerplant performance. Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
- Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
- Maintains communication with Regional Manager to ensure cost effective application.
- Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
- Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
- Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
- Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
- Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- 10 years of aircraft maintenance experience is required.
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Must maintain Atlas Air qualifications and authorizations for Airworthiness Release and ETOPS.
- Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide-body aircraft preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Extensive travel both domestically and internationally will be required. Valid passport is a requirement.
- Ability to work variable hours including holiday and weekends on a 20 days on / 10 days off rotation.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of aircraft maintenance to include mechanical, structural, and avionics systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement