Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is one of the largest and most trusted Motorola partners offering wireless communication solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Our customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products and services including two-way radio, vehicle uplift, video and access control, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless communications. Our more than 18,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, education, healthcare, utilities, and government.
A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our service first DNA culture. Service is not just a motto for MCA, it is an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities. With more than 800 employees and almost 70 locations throughout 10 states, we are here when you need us the most.
MCA is building a team of people who share our core values of service first, collaboration, trust, and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
POSITION SUMMARY OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:
Have you ever wondered why your cell phone works in some places and not in others? Do you enjoy working with your hands and traveling throughout the county? Do you have one (1) or more years of experience installing cabling, antennas, performing electrical work and more in a commercial environment or related experience?
Mobile Communications America is hiring Structured Cabling Lead Installers for the Raleigh, NC area. The individuals in this role must be able to demonstrate proficiency with field Installation and service of Digital Antennas or similar telecommunication systems, digital installations / installs, and structured cabling.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:
- Serves as major project lead on field installation and service of DAS and other similar telecommunication systems, digital installations / installs, and structured cabling.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Installation, Termination and Testing of systems.
- Experience interpreting test results and applying to troubleshooting system issues.
- Complete installations for a diverse range of buildings, including stadiums, motor speedways, hospitals, schools, office buildings, multi-family homes
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Maintain customer confidence by performing outstanding work on-site.
- Service first approach to internal and external customers.
- Meets and interacts professionally.
- Contributes to technical and project teams.
QUALIFICATIONS OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED with at least 2 years of technical experience, or a combination of related education / experience.
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Lift or AWP Certification
- 4+ years relevant installation experience.
- 2+ year as Lead on structured cabling installation and onsite DAS or similar technical installation management experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety and wireless communications and equipment
- Ability to travel and support remote projects, travel can be up to 80% or more depending on workload.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
- High level of integrity.
- Experience building effective teams.
- Customer interface experience.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations.
- Resourceful and collaborates well with others to gain needed resources.
- Provides innovative solutions and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Overcommunicates decisions and the why behind those decisions.
- Master Trainer / Mentor to less experienced technicians.
- Reports disciplinary issues to PM/OM.
- Provides clarity on the results desired and sets expectations with team.
BENEFITS OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, frequently ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, occasionally position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Up to 80%) Overnight travel is expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.