See all jobs in Everett WA
Job Location: Everett, WA
Everett, WA, USA Req #1284
Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS,Seattle, WA and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
The Specimen Management Technician will work under minimal supervision, is responsible for the timely and accurate receipt, preparation, management, processing, shipping and/or storage of
laboratory specimens in compliance with GLP guidelines, Protocols and SOPs. Will maintain
schedule ensuring efficient workflow of group and training of other level technicians. Will be
cross trained in most of the aspects of the Specimen Management department.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with GLP guidelines, Protocols and standard operating procedures
- Coordinates and communicates with Study Directors, Coordinators, Pathologists, Laboratory staff, Vivarium staff and different shipping agencies
- Prepare, submit and ensure that the proper import permits are obtained
- Perform transfers/shipments, verify shipping by tracking packages and communicate timelines accordingly
- Prepare, receive, centrifuge, separate and transfer/ship specimens according to SOPs and
- Protocol design with minimal supervision
- Review protocols and manage study progress, archive specimens
- Maintain work schedule and help with the coordination of the general schedule
- Maintain and utilize laboratory equipment and instruments
- Maintain chain of custody of all specimens processed and ensure timely transfer of specimens for analysis, archive, shipment or storage
- Maintain documentation of procedures and equipment used and performs quality control and/or review of forms and logs as necessary
- Assess supplies for departmental need and order necessary items
- Train and ensure proper training of other staff
- Assists in projects and process improvements
- Assists in SOP revision and creation
- Maintain laboratory/shipping supplies
- Maintain cleanliness of the department areas
- Cross-train to perform other duties within Specimen Management
- Assist all areas of the department as well as other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years experience in a laboratory desired or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CLA (Certified Laboratory Aide) certification a plus
- 2 + years using Watson are preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Navigational skills are desirable
- Strong verbal and communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software and procedure manuals and study documents.
- Must be able to write correspondence and speak effectively with other groups within the organization. Routine reports may be requested
- Basic math skills
- Previous laboratory experience preferred. Continual GLP training
- Strong cross-team collaboration/communication and the ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Handles and disposes biological and/or chemical substances and wastes in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with policies and procedures. PPE may include but is not limited to: N-95 respirator, face mask, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, gloves, and lab coat
- Be able to work occasionally weekends, evenings, and some holidays
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.