STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation.
If you are one who like to be part of a team, have strong skillsets and like to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
The Test Equipment Engineer will work with a team to design, build, program and support test equipment required for evaluating and validating our production parts. This equipment will range from basic holding fixtures through fully automated life cycle test systems. The ideal candidate will enjoy hands on work in a very dynamic setting and have previous automotive industry experience. The Test Equipment Engineer works closely with and provides training to the lab technicians, interfaces with the Product Engineer, Advanced Quality Engineer, and Validation Engineers to ensure the performance specification and product are understood. This position is a mix of mechanical, electrical and software engineering so an ability to learn new methods and skills is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and support test equipment used to validate automotive security and/or Power Access devices.
- Prove out new equipment, create method sheets and train lab personnel as required.
- Review performance specifications and verify that the test equipment produces relative results.
- Hands on work in schematic blue prints, mechanical cad/drawings, machine wiring, mechanical fixtures integration, and complete tester build and validation.
- Interact with the product and advanced quality engineer or validation engineer to design tests for new products.
- Collaborate with the validation engineers and test lab coordinators to ensure the fixtures have the required mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to ensure product is tested as intended.
- Verify equipment meets performance requirements at runoff.
- Support equipment startup and problem solving at test location.
- Perform various product evaluation and validation testing and create test reports.
- Participate in product design reviews and internal PDTs as required to support projects.
- Support Continuous improvement by keeping abreast of latest technologies as it relates to test systems and equipment, implementing improvements as appropriate.
- Generate cost reduction / avoidance ideas as it relates to Test System design and equipment construction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be very well organized, able to work well with a diverse cross-functional team and varying personalities/cultures
- Able to be a self-starter and willing to perform a wide range of engineering duties
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Proven experience with LabVIEW and National Instruments hardware (PCI, USB, cRIO and FPGA)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proven electro-mechanical knowledge required
- Previous experience in a test laboratory
- Automotive experience
Preferred: Master's degree (MS/MA) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Major in engineering, theoretical and applied mechanics, hydraulics, controls, electronics, vibrations, physics, metallurgy, electricity, thermodynamics, heat transfer and techniques
- Previous product engineering experience
- Experience with DC motors, servo motors, sensors, pneumatics and/or controllers
- Experience with customers
- LabVIEW certification (CLD, CLAD, CLED)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
Good oral and written English language skills.
German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
Strong technical writing skills.
Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.