STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
The Test Equipment Engineer will work with a team to design, build, program and support test equipment required for evaluating and validating our production parts. This equipment will range from basic holding fixtures through fully automated life cycle test systems. The ideal candidate will enjoy hands on work in a very dynamic setting and have previous automotive industry experience. The Test Equipment Engineer works closely with and provides training to the lab technicians, interfaces with the Product Engineer, Advanced Quality Engineer, and Validation Engineers to ensure the performance specification and product are understood. This position is a mix of mechanical, electrical and software engineering so an ability to learn new methods and skills is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build and support test equipment used to validate automotive security , HMI, and/or Power Access related devices.
- Prove out new equipment, create method sheets and train lab personnel as required.
- Review performance specifications and verify that the test equipment produces relative results.
- Interact with the product and advanced quality engineer or validation engineer to design tests for new products.
- Collaborate with the validation engineers and test lab coordinators to ensure the fixtures have the required mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to ensure product is tested as intended.
- Verify equipment meets performance requirements at runoff.
- Support equipment startup and problem solving at test location.
- Interface with turnkey suppliers to execute the built of outsourced test equipments; as needed.
- Perform various product evaluation and validation testing and create test reports.
- Participate in product design reviews and internal PDTs as required to support projects.
- Support Continuous improvement by keeping abreast of latest technologies as it relates to test systems and equipment, implementing improvements as appropriate.
- Generate cost reduction / avoidance ideas as it relates to Test System design and equipment construction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree (Masters preferred) with a major in engineering, theoretical and applied mechanics, hydraulics, controls, electronics, vibrations, physics, metallurgy, electricity, thermodynamics, heat transfer and techniques.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult. Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design. Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Proven experience with NI LabVIEW (CLD required, CLA preferred), RT, FPGA
- Interfacing with databases (SQL, SQLite)
- Understanding of standard communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP, Modbus, Serial)
- Must be very well organized, able to work well with a multitude of individuals and varying personalities, able to be a self-starter and willing to perform a wide range of engineering duties
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven electro-mechanical knowledge required, good understanding of DC electrical circuits
- Previous product engineering experience a plus
- Experience with DC motors, servo motors/controllers, sensors, pneumatics and/or PLCs preferred
- Experience with customers preferred
- Previous experience in a test laboratory
- Automotive experience
- Wireless communication experience is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
Good oral and written English language skills.
German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
Strong technical writing skills.
Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- LabVIEW CLA (CLD acceptable), CLED a bonus
- UL508a (familiar with electrical panel layout and wiring)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR QUALITY
Associate will provide defect-free products and services by understanding and meeting the agreed upon requirements of our internal and external customers through a process based on prevention and continuous improvement.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENVIRONMENT
Associates are committed to our Environmental Management System, which provides for continuous improvement of our organization's efforts toward the following: Preventing pollution, Complying with relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and Complying with customer-based environmental requirements.