See all jobs in Torrance CA
Job Location: Torrance, CA
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job ID 2020-7428
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-CA-Torrance
Posted Date 2021-02-15
Division KIK Automotive
We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America's largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span and Comet cleaning products, Clorox Pool&Spa (under license), BioGuard, and Natural Chemistry pool chemicals, and Prestone and Holts automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand ("private label") bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of "One KIK" values - a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
This position will report directly to the Site Plant Manager
The Maintenance Manager is the key member of the Site Leadership Team who will be responsible for the maintenance of the site and its equipment located within this location. The responsibilities include overall management of an assigned high-volume chemical and consumer products manufacturing plant. The accountabilities also include creating an engaged plant culture that can meet and/ or exceed operational and business performance expectations, budget and P&L management, driving EH&S requirements, quality, production, warehousing, all while maintaining the required safety standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive key departmental metrics related to safety, quality, cost and production to ensure budgeted goals are met or exceeded
- Leads key productivity initiatives that may involve members of cross-functional teams from other shifts or departments
- Develop and deliver on the budget accounts specific to this function, MRO and others.
- Drive continuous improvement via the effective implementation of the Maintenance Program (waste/cost reduction, productivity improvement, cycle time reduction) through good manufacturing principles
- Ensures the success of all operational and maintenance metrics including delivery, productivity improvement, equipment and parts inventory, and quality program
- Communicate daily with management team regarding safety, quality, scheduling, delivery, workload capacity and staffing issues.
- Analysis of equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an effective and sustainable PM system that will support productivity efficiencies in the plant.
- Develop, manage and implement Capital Expense Projects.
- Manage and evaluate overall an individual's performance within the department (adherence to standard work, attendance, safety, code of conduct, etc.), mentoring and developing the team to continue to grow their technical and interpersonal skills.
- Drive rapid problem solving/root cause analysis from the production floor.
- Achieve cost reduction targets, reduce waste, improve quality, identify and resolve ergonomic issues.
- Understands and identifies EHS Hazards, risks and controls of the operations and activities at the site.
- Drive the creation and improvement of standardized work.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in in a manufacturing facility with lean manufacturing practices.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing plant operations (industry experience must include manufacturing).
- Excellent communication skills be well organized and a team player.
- Detail oriented and accurate, able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with integrated/computerized manufacturing systems. JDE experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of QS9000, ISO 14001 and EPA regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications - strong understanding of excel
- Excellent organizational, analytical, investigation, problem solving, communication skills and be a team player.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing or 5S experience preferred
- Must meet deadlines and deliver quality results.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, complexity, and work within a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Working Conditions: The production facility is within an indoor/outdoor, industrial environment and is not climate controlled. Manager will regularly enter areas that require the use of stairs or ladders, respirator protection, and enter closely confined spaces. Facility operations 24/7, Manager may be required to on off shift times.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.