The Director of Finance and Administration is part of the executive management team and reports to the CEO. This position is responsible for leading the financial planning and management, budget development, monitoring, reporting and long-range forecasting, administrative and IT oversight. We hire exceptionally qualified individuals who are committed to the mission and values of our organization.
Financial Strategy and Execution: 75%
- In conjunction with the CEO the Director of Finance drives the development and adherence to the agency's annual budget and sets Financial strategy.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure the availability of funds as needed
- Oversee cash investments and asset management that have an impact on the Agency's long-term success.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations and strategic plans.
- Staff Finance committee meetings.
Team Management: 25%
- Provide thoughtful and supportive supervision of the Finance staff. Manage and cultivate the skills, talents, and professional development of the Finance staff.
- Lead our Accounting and Admin Team which includes a Staff accountant , Accounting Assistant, Administrative Assistant/Billing Specialist and a IT Specialist.
- Oversee the accounting, administrative and IT departments to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, administrative operations.
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of clinical services
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reports through the oversight of the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinates the annual audit and proper filing of the tax return.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrate the initiative to learn and enhance skills that promote anti-racism, cultural competency and an understanding of oppression and its impact.
- Participate in intentional learning efforts, including events relating to understanding and dismantling institutional racism and building cultural competency.
Total Compensation Range:
- $90,000-$110,000 annually
- Minimum of 5 years of senior business management experience with an annual budget that exceeds $4 million.
- At least 8 years' experience in a management or executive role, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven success in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, high-demand environment operating with the highest ethical principles.
- Top level financial and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated passion for our work.
- Proven track record of hiring, inspiring, growing and managing a team in a collaborative work environment.
- Proven successful track record in rapidly and efficiently taking projects from concept to implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to create and cultivate positive, productive internal and external working relationships that grow.
- Demonstrated success in managing challenging situations in a way that serves the goals of both the individual and the organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation and coaching skills.
- Demonstrate interest and commitment to supporting equity and inclusion for members of historically marginalized groups including racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ populations and people living with disabilities.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities with tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
- Non-profit Finance and Accounting experience preferred.
- BA/BS in a business-related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience; and MBA is preferred.