A Mission for Michael is a primary mental health facility serving those who are seeking treatment to learn coping skills for severe mental illness. We pride ourselves on the combination of medication management, 24 hour supervision, individual therapy, family therapy, a min of 6 hours of group therapy a day and case management services. We are looking for an individual with experience serving those diagnosed with a severe mental illness and who are passionate for providing hope.
Job Title: Case Manager
Reports To: Lead Case Manager
*Provides group, individual counseling and educational services to clients who have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness (including Schizophrenia, Schizo-affective Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder and dual diagnosis). The Case Manager will perform duties while adhering to the organizations values and principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides group counseling services and treatment planning for individuals with mental health diagnoses
- Utilizes intervention and communication skills in working with clients, their families and significant others on a daily basis and in crisis.
- Provides individual counseling, case management and discharge services to clients on an as needed basis as identified by program administrators.
- Be knowledgeable in and provide information to client and family members regarding recovery issues and services available.
- Participates in Weekly Staffing Meeting to coordinate treatment plan for each individual participant.
- Prepare and implement individual treatment plan.
- Regularly review, monitor and evaluate client progress to ensure that goals are being reached and record patient progress against the treatment objectives.
- Interview clients and establish mental and physical condition, review records and confer with other professionals for further course of counseling treatment.
- Ensures the confidentiality of client files and information.
- Provide information and referrals to clients with community resources.
- Develop and implement follow-up care plans.
- Complete charting and documentation in accordance with documentation policy and procedures within 24 hours of service.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Chemical Dependency Counseling and/or BA Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or related field.
- Current adult CPR certification
- Current adult First-Aid certification
- TB Test current test or results obtained less than 6 months prior to hire
Job Type: Full-time