This is a SENIOR level position. Candidates without the expected experience listed below will not be considered.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Market Analyst supports the Sales department by implementing systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring sales projects. This is a high profile senior level role. MUST have extensive experience in working with CRM systems!
- Someone to develop tools and materials to help drive sales performance
- Someone track sales activities in and out of the office, and then work with the Sales Manager to push Sales Reps!
- Research and analyze each market to forecast each markets strength and each markets area of opportunity
- Someone that can communicate key issues within the Sales department and with other departments
- Looking for a "Leader" versus a "Processor"..i.e. someone that can bring consistency, scalability, accuracy, and an objective perspective.
- Be the person that defines the purpose and goal of sales administration!
- An understanding of the strategy behind a Senior Market Analyst/Sales Administration Manager role and help set up Sales & CRM Administration from scratch based on best practices.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Increase market awareness by:
- Utilizing market intelligence to develop hotspots of opportunity through each territory
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to manage the sales and market data from underlying sources
- Demonstrate adept analytical capacities and trend analysis with structured reporting tools that have the flexibility to track performance at multiple levels
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
Report on routine and abnormal situations by:
- Proposing and developing reports to provide greater insight into key sales metrics
- Delivering accurate reports in a timely and reliable fashion
- Identifying areas of improvement proactively and notifying management
- Alerting sales management in the event of abnormal situations including those involving inventory, customers, or sales volume
Generate and update documentation by:
- Self-educating on policies and procedures needed for sales success
- Documenting standard sales policies and procedures in a comprehensive sales manual to maintain continuity
- Updating documentation periodically to stay relevant and coordinate efforts
Develop sales tools and materials by:
- Communicating effectively with sales management to understand sales needs
- Maintaining accurate and accessible repository of important sales information, including price lists, product information, service standards, and other information
- Upgrading and updating a CRM system as necessary to capture and display key information to sales reps
- Sourcing and working with external vendors to develop collateral for trade shows and dealer visits
Track sales activities by:
- Determining key sales metrics through combination of research and input from sales management
- Developing systems and processes to track key metrics, maximizing automation
- Reporting metrics and their relation to sales performance to sales team and management
Communicate key issues with Sales and other departments by:
- Participating in all aspects of Sales interaction with dealers and other departments to monitor and assist sales effort
- Generating appropriate communication standards for shared information, including shared folders, email schedules, and automated systems
- Standing in for Sales in meetings and issues for which sales staff are unable to attend or resolve independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in Market Analyst position
- Excellent verbal and written communication to communicate key issues within the sales department.
- Ability to develop tools and materials to drive sales performance
- Ability to take the initiative and create more efficient processes
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and data analysis