RN and/or LVNs - All Shifts Available: $1,000.00 Sign On Bonus (conditions apply)
The RN (Registered Nurse) and/or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive, individualized care for senior residents in the Skilled Nursing Center of The Redwoods. The RN/LVN provides direct nursing care to residents, and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Meet with nursing personnel to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or to improve services.
- Consult with the residents physician in providing the residents care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., as necessary.
- Assist the Director and Infection Control Coordinator in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks in which there is potential exposure are properly identified and recorded.
- Ensure that all personnel performing tasks that involve potential exposures participate in appropriate in-service training programs prior to performing such tasks.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the infection control program for monitoring communicable and/or infectious diseases among the residents and personnel.
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN/LVN in California.
- Experience in direct patient care with seniors in a Skilled Nursing Facility or in Assisted Living.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- The ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Leadership and supervisory experience in a hospital setting experience a plus.
- New graduates with a strong interest in working with seniors are welcome to apply when in receipt of CA License.
Licensed nurses are regularly required to move intermittently throughout the work day, sit and work at a computer as needed for extended periods of time, lift up to 20 pounds, with infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional, with assistance, up to 100 pounds. Frequent pushing and pulling of carts and transporting of residents.
The Redwoods offers excellent benefits: fully paid medical insurance to all employees working 24-hours a week+; dental insurance is offered and paid for employees working 30-hours a week+.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time