*At this time we are specifically looking for Licensed Vocational Nurses*
SUMMARY Provides general nursing services to drug and alcohol/mental health program participants by performing the following duties. Manages and implements Infection Control Plan. The Nurse will perform duties while adhering to the organizations values and principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Manage prescribed medications, noting times and amounts on patients' charts.
- Provide basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures.
- Sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
- Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Collect samples, such as urine from patients.
- Make appointments, keep records, and/or perform other clerical duties.
- Inventory and requisition supplies, instruments and medications and medication samples.
- Encourage clients to share their experiences with other addicts for support and encouragement
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records and reports
- Document client histories, progress and other pertinent information
- Work collaboratively with the team, outside doctors, nurses and social workers
- Develop policies and procedures related to infection surveillance, prevention, and control activities
- Promote the implementation of organizational policies related to infection prevention and control
- Develop and implement a process for surveillance and control of infections
- Assists in review of the Infection Prevention and Control Program
This job supervises Patient Coordinators and/or Interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
**Minimum of 2 years psych/mental health experience required**
State of CA Board of Nursing Licensed Vocational Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse and/or Registered Nurse
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current adult CPR certification
- Current adult First-Aid certification
- TB Test current test or results obtained less than 6 months prior to hire
Occasional travel may be required between local facilities. Transportation provided.
Casual attire with close-toe shoes or scrubs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and rarely climb or balance; stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving machinery, extreme heat or cold (kitchen appliances, food), toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. May be exposed to body fluids, blood or body tissues for drug testing. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Job Type: Full-time