Virginia Panel Corporation (VPC) is the world leader in interconnect systems for testing electronics. The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is responsible for assisting customers in the selection and configuration of solutions using VPC products and services.
This position is based out of the FAEs home.
Occasional travel required (post-COVID-19)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Field Application Engineer (FAE) Responsible for providing product related technical assistance to customers in support of VP and Regional Sales Manager strategies.
- Assists new and existing customers with the selection of VPC products for their test systems.
- Evaluates customer applications and defines solutions for customer-specific products (RNPs). Example: Wire harness with VPC connector on one side and the unit-under-test connector on the other side.
- Uses VPC Interconnect Designer, Patchcord Designer, Wire+ Configurator, and other VPC online tools.
- Proactively establishes professional technical relationships with customers
- Strives to maximize VPC product content when configuring customer-specific solutions.
- Develops and/or delivers technical presentations for customers and demonstrates products.
- Documents efforts in CRM.
- Coordinates with VPC Applications Engineering (AE) to support customer requirements and ensure smooth handoff from pre-sale to post-sale Applications Engineering.
- Provides technical information to customer relating to assembly, use and maintenance of the fielded product. Provides post sales follow-up support as required.
- Assists customers with basic troubleshooting. Raises issues to VPC quality department for investigation and corrective action as necessary.
- Occasionally deployed to customer facilities and tradeshows within regional assignment.
- Supports VPC colleagues on technical related issues.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
- Technical degree from a college or university and 2 years technical sales experience, preferably in the connector and/or wire harness industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience designing wire harnesses strongly preferred. SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, CRM, computer-based design tools, web-based conferencing, etc.
- Strong communication skills