The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of services of patients with mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
LCSW ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide services within the scope of practice generally accepted as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker of West Cecil Health Center, Inc.
- Support the mission of West Cecil Health Center by serving as a liaison and promoting the health center to the behavioral community and its various constituents.
- Assess the psychosocial needs, situations, strengths, and support networks of patients with mental, behavioral, and emotional issues
- Develop care plans and treatment goals with patients
- Establish a rapport and advocate for patients
- Provide therapeutic support and help patients solve and cope with problems in their life
- Provide individual and group therapy
- Assist Primary Care Physicians with patient behavioral health concerns.
- Assist West Cecil Health Center in pursuit of additional grant and funding opportunities consistent with the mission of the center in order to expand the center's capacity to meet the health needs of the community.
LCSW KEY COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates compassion for patients with psychosocial needs
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, communicate professionally and establish a therapeutic rapport with clients
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Practice in a culturally competent manner
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment
- Engage in practice to advance the social and economic well-being of clients
- Respond to contexts that shape practice
LCSW SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
- This position has no supervisory functions
LCSW POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- full-time position.
- Days and hours of work will be scheduled in accordance with West Cecil Health Centers operating hours
- Located in West Cecil Health Center and/or its qualified subsidiaries.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
LCSW POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of two-years experience in behavioral health care
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker-(C) in good standing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.