The Team Lead position provides leadership and support to an assigned area or department including monitoring and coordinating production team activities as well as departmental training. This individual is expected to manage and balance multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment. They should also readily provide input for matters relating to quality, production, and safety.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise and motivate others leading by example.
- Ensure that personnel are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs by coaching & mentoring, including safety and quality requirements.
- Ensure that personnel follow all procedures, including safety and quality.
- Communicate performance of personnel and provide feedback to Production Manager for performance evaluations.
- Ensure personnel are being utilized most efficiently and productivity is maximized.
- Reassign personnel as needed to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with other leads in order to promote a close-knit work force and meet the goals of the company.
- Improve manufacturing processes to reduce scrap, rework, and drive stable operations.
- Work as a team player and exercise the company's Core Values.
- Display organization and perform effectively in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of the team.
- Proficient and knowledgeable of job responsibilities in assigned area.
- Effective team building and problem solving skills.
- Provide direction and training to team members in a tactful manner.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative using sound judgment in day-to-day decision making.
- Adhere to all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Punctual and reliable in work attendance; must set the example.
- Able to continuously use hands to finger, handle, feel, or grip; reach within hands and arms length; twist/turn
- Able to frequently sit, walk, stoop, kneel
- Able to occasionally crawl.
- Able to frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for up to 10 hours; increments of 4 hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employee is frequently exposed to fragrances and moving mechanical parts.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities. Addition duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.