Responsible for coordinating shipping and receiving of merchandise inventories and maintain all pertinent records. Deliver merchandise orders to customers as necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Receive all merchandise into the warehouse, and ensure that accompanying paperwork is accurate.
- Load and unload trucks with forklift, and move merchandise to appropriate storage areas.
- Release quantities of merchandise to sales floor.
- Package, label and ship all orders.
- Maintain an organized file of purchase orders to be received.
- Check incoming merchandise for quantity, description and damage; report discrepancies to the responsible vendor and Store Manager.
- Complete receiving reports, attach to P.O. copy from file, and forward to Purchasing.
- Inventory internet orders according to packing list and resolve discrepancies with vendors.
- Process returns through vendors and internet order website.
- Call trucking company to arrange pick-up of shipment.
- Maintain accurate, manual inventory records.
- Segregate any defective materials in the “Merchandise Hold Area.”
- Responsible for the organization, maintenance and cleanliness of the warehouse and immediate work area, and maintain adequate supply of shipping supplies.
- Make arrangements for deliveries to customers as needed.
- Load merchandise onto delivery vehicle prior to going out on deliveries.
- Deliver merchandise to outside customers, operating Envision delivery vehicle in a safe and respectful manner. Obtain delivery receipt signature.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: One to two years previous experience in warehouse and delivery driver positions preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in math and computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with other personnel concerning operation, safety and overall performance of equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with periodic consultation and direction.
- Good organization and attention to details.
- Ability to drive a forklift truck and delivery vehicle and maintain a current valid state driver’s license and driving record.
- Proficient knowledge of transportation DOT regulations and procedures.
- Current driver’s license and driving record in good standing required.
- Must maintain a current forklift certification.
- Ability to successfully complete required DOT driver’s certification and successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen per DOT regulations.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising_0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_X_ Required to operative motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
How to Apply:
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.