The Information Technology Intern will learn about the Non Profit industry and gain exposure to many different facets of Information Technology. The Information Technology Intern will have the challenging opportunity to acquire the steps needed to effectively problem-solve in the workplace while achieving formal solutions to various Information Technology projects. Additionally, the Information Technology Intern will provide administrative support in the overall Information Technology function. In this position, the Information Technology Intern will combine business-focused, on-the-job experience with professional development activities in a professional setting in order to gain a better understanding of the Non Profit Information Technology role.
This is a 25 hour per week position, expected to last two months (June 2021 - July 2021). The internship is a paid position located at our Wichita, Kansas headquarters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
- Conduct annual physical asset inventory at the Wichita locations to validate current asset inventory spreadsheet, make needed adjustments, and add phone inventory.
- Ensure updates are made to the Asset Database in Solarwinds
- Create and implement Add/Move/Change process to track and ensure asset inventory is current and maintained
- Assist in the development and implementation of Envisions Change Management process, utilizing Solarwinds
- Assist Project Manager in tracking actions for current projects
- Conduct Application Account audits
- Participate in additional Information Technology departmental meetings
- Conduct a final internship presentation
- Provide support to the Information Technology department in administering Information Technology functions as needed
Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Information Technology required
- Minimum two years professional workplace experience required
- Database skills a plus
- Previous Information Technology professional workplace experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven level of accuracy and ability to handle confidential information
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish projects
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects, tasks and assignments
- Must provide verification of legal blindness or visual impairment
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0___
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0___
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer