Bearon is looking for a CAD Designer to join its manufacturing team in Landisville, PA. The CAD Designer applies mechanical engineering principles to the design of castings and machined parts utilizing the Solidworks design application. You will also prepare pattern designs or related drawings or details; use prepared information to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed for a project. Applicants must have knowledge of common concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of casting and machining. Primary job functions may require a degree of creativity and latitude. Must have experience with Solidworks, 3-5 years of CAD drafting/design experience is also preferred. As a member of the Bearon team, you`ll receive: competitive salary, paid vacation, bonus program, 401K plan, health benefits, & much more!
Make the Right Connection with Bearon!
At Bearon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes.
- Collaborates and communicates directly with both the engineering and operations team.
- Ensure mechanical fit of all components in a given assembly
- Assist Design personnel in layout and content of drawings.
- Create drawings from a model or other customer provided information.
- Coordinate proper creation of Item type, manufacturability, and bill of material.
- For training, development and evaluation purposes, may be given work assignments that are typical of a higher level.
- Self-check completed assignments and cross check co-workers completed assignments.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to insure manufacturability of product.
- Select raw material, calculate weight and volume.
- Coordinate activities assignments produce quality work and meet time schedule.
- May generate new designs from concept, taking in consideration manufacturability and cost.
- Support standard product and perform special customer project work.
The Dixon Group is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its employees and job applicants to the fullest extent required by applicable law. To that end, personal information will be collected solely for those legitimate business purposes recognized by law, and then maintained in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to document retention requirements. The Dixon Group does not sell personal information to third parties, and does not share such personal information with third parties except when authorized by law to do so (e.g., in response to a lawful subpoena; mandatory tax reporting; etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Ability to interrupt and create mechanical schematics.
- Ability to write reports and speak in front of groups
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as Algebra, Trigonometry, and Geometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Solidworks or 3D Model
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Associates or better in Design and Technical Production or related field.
3-5 years: CAD drafting or design experience
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.