KRM Construction is looking for an Estimator to join its team in Chestertown, MD.
The Estimator will prepare cost estimates for construction proposals to bid. Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely cost estimates for bid, design build and construction management. Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects, post bid follow up and customer relations. Previous experience in construction project management, well organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades.
- Develop and prepare conceptual estimates with subcontractor assistance.
- Itemize trade specific scopes and prepare bid packages.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, identifying quailed subcontractors and negotiate pricing when needed.
- Manage subcontractor RFP process and level received proposals.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality services by following organization standards.
- Prepare detailed Critical Path Schedules.
- Continually marketing the company and looking for future opportunities to grow business.
- Interact with clients, architects, engineers and local jurisdictions to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Team player that works well with others.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures and market trends.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent leadership, personable, communications and written skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to create value engineering options for clients.
- Preferred experience with Timberline / Sage, and Bluebeam
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
3-10 years: Experience in the field of construction estimating
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.