Dixon is looking for a Data Engineer to join our IT Team in Chestertown, MD! The Data Engineer will identify internal and external data sources, develop and implement Extraction, Transformation, Load (ETL) solutions and assist with the collection, storage and interpretation of data to assist Dixon with business critical decisions.
- Utilize various tools and methods to automate repeatable ETL processes using a combination of SSIS, T-SQL, Python and REST APIs.
- Utilize SSMS and T-SQL to develop complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources. Write SQL queries and stored procedures to support internal Dixon applications.
- Assist Business Intelligence engineers with back end query writing. Conduct data verification/validation for team members.
- Performance tune ETL and report processes and queries.
- Develop algorithms to find insights from various data analysis techniques to include statistical analysis and Machine Learning processes.
- As a member of the Data team, the ideal candidate will be able to assist Database Administrators with physical DBA tasks such as backup and restore, query tuning, encryption, auditing and regular maintenance.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Strong T-Sql Skills and experience in developing complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources
- Strong knowledge of Python Pandas and other related Python ETL libraries.
- Familiarity with Python Machine Learning libraries such as Matplotlib, SciKit-Learn, Keras and TensorFlow
- Highly skilled in programs such as Excel, Access, SSMS (to develop SQL queries), Tableau/Power BI (or similar), SSRS/Crystal Reports (or similar)
- Familiarity with TFS (or similar) and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with database design, ETL, and data warehousing concepts
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude, strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Customer service oriented with ability to support at all levels and collaborate to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with manufacturing and/or distribution processes preferred
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Bachelors or better in Applied Mathematics.
Bachelors or better in Business Admin.
Bachelors or better in Economics.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
Bachelors or better in Mathematics.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.