Dixon Specialty Products is looking for an Engineer to join our Dixon Specialty Products team in Chestertown, MD! In this role you will design and develop new products and makes improvements to existing products. Ensure customer and industry requirements are met through parts design, validation testing, and failure analysis. Identify opportunities for product enhancements and cost-saving. Provide guidance to lower-level product engineers and function as a central resource for the manufacturing, testing, quality, sales, and marketing of products. As a member of the Dixon team you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401K, health benefits, training and much more!
- Controls product family designs and achieves resolution of design issues.
- Manages projects for manufacturing and new product development stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to less-tenured engineers.
- Takes appropriate action when necessary to resolve problems and works toward an agreeable solution.
- Identifies failure trends, seeks out root causes, evaluates and implements solutions for use in new designs, drawing changes or manufacturing changes.
- Works with other functional groups to develop jigs, fixtures, manufacturing equipment and accompanying work instructions and documentation.
- Assists manufacturing with testing and troubleshooting during new product introduction.
- Reviews applicable regulations and ensures conformance.
- Analyzes, documents, reviews, and administers engineering changes in manufacturing systems and equipment.
- Utilizes sound technical problem solving to own or support ongoing and new projects.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Professionally represents the Company to internal and external customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Project Management - Must be able to manage projects for a range of internal stakeholders, clearly communicate the project scope, and eliminate scope creep, delays, and overbudgets. Must be able to generate a project schedule and time-phased project budget, track progress against a baseline, and communicate accountability for performance to the schedule and budget.
- Communication - Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, write reports, speak in front of groups, and convey information using nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.)
- Computing - Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and computer drafting (CAD) software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Mathematics - Must be able to apply mathematical concepts such as Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics and Calculus. Must also be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
- Reasoning - Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
3-5 years: Manufacturing or production environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.