The Boss Division is seeking a CAD Drafter to join our engineering team at our Chestertown, Maryland facility.
In this role, you will apply mechanical engineering principles to design couplings, coupling assemblies, machines and their components. You will work closely with the various engineering groups to turn rough ideas and product concepts into usable models and drawings. Primary job functions may require a degree of creativity to provide solutions to customers. r. As a member of the Dixon team, you`ll receive: competitive salary, paid vacation, bonus program, 401K plan, health benefits, & much more!
Make the Right Connection with Dixon!
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes.
- Creates and revises 3D models and detailed drawings using Solidworks.
- Collaborates and communicates with engineers.
- Assists design personnel in layout and content of drawings.
- Coordinate proper creation of item type, manufacturability and bill of material.
- Self-check completed assignments and cross check co-workers completed assignments.
- Collaborates with manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability of product.
- Selects materials and calculates weights and volumes.
- Support standard product and perform special customer project work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret specifications and standards
- Understanding of drawing standards and tolerancing methods
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as Algebra, Trigonometry, and Geometry
- Familiarity with machine design details such as threads, nuts, bolts, and welds
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems
- Ability to communicate progress and track project hours.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and software
Solidworks or 3D Model
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Associates or better in Design and Technical Production or related field.
3-5 years: CAD Drafting & Designing using 3D CAD System
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.