Bearon is currently looking for a General Manager to join our team in Landisville, PA.
The GM will be responsible for directing the overall operation of business, developing operational and strategic plans, setting goals for manufacturing, sales forecasting, managing staffing and inventory levels, and coaching and developing a dedicated team. The ideal candidate should have 10 or more years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience, familiarity with machining and sourcing castings, experience as a sales engineer or other customer facing role is a plus. This is a unique opportunity to work in an environment with a diverse product lines along with job shop clients utilizing a range of CNC machines and Davenport screw machines.
- Direct the overall operation of business with responsibility for mission, vision and values.
- Develop and implement operational and strategic plans for the company in alignment with corporate goals and objectives.
- Select, develop and coach direct reports to meet or exceed specific goals.
- Build effective relationships and processes to provide seamless execution of initiatives.
- Travel extensively to meet customers and work with sales team.
- Respond quickly to opportunities to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
- Establish plans for sales forecasting and marketing efforts and create development programs for sales team.
- Analyzing costs, activities, operations, and forecasts data to determine the organizations progress toward defined goals.
Job Competencies / Essential Functions of the Job:
- Profit & loss experience in a manufacturing operation
- Working knowledge of machining castings, pattern shop and engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Team player mentality with an optimistic outlook
- Efficient decision-making ability leading to effective results
- Ability to foster communication and collaboration
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better.
10 years: Manufacturing/foundry leadership
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.