Dixon is looking for a Design Engineer to join our team in Chestertown, MD! The Design Engineer is a unique role that includes aspects of product engineering, Computer Aided Design and new product development. They will be part of the New Product Development Team and support the NPD process through concept development and prototype design, project management, supplier interaction and validation testing. They will support Product and Process Engineering through drawing updates, product enhancements, tooling design, stress, flow, and failure analysis.
- Create parts, models, and layouts for new designs
- Create and revise drawings using Solidworks
- Manage release of engineering documents using SolidWorks PDM
- Manage procurement or 3D printing of prototype parts
- Perform drawing checks for other designers/drafters in the department
- Oversee assembly and testing of engineering prototypes
- Interact with vendors to exchange information and collaborate on part design.
- Support Quality Assurance efforts with part inspections and supplier quality discussions
- Assist manufacturing operations through drawing support interpret drawings and answer questions as necessary
- Assist with the development and maintenance of department SOPs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Detail oriented
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills (Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications)
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, including PDM
Bachelors or better.
2-3 years: Previous experience working in an engineering role
Designing parts and assemblies in SolidWorks in a manufacturing environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.