Buck Company is looking for a Melt Operator to join its team in Quarryville, PA. As a production worker you will be in one of our departments helping to prepare our castings before being shipped to our customers, and where daily tasks may vary and cross-training is essential. Attention to detail and pride in workmanship will be integral parts of your position as a member of our team. As a member of Buck Company, you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401(K), health benefits, training, and much more.
At Buck Company, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation’s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Will maintain and operate five coreless induction furnaces
- Operates an overhead crane to move metal from the staging area to the furnaces.
- Skim slag or remove excess metal from equipment using hand tools.
- Transports molten metal from furnaces to transfer ladles.
- Accurately read temperature gauges.
- Collect samples and/or signal workers to sample metal for analysis.
- Report Directly to the Shift Supervisor or the Plant Superintendent.
- Maintain and operator five coreless induction furnaces
- Operate an overhead crane to move metal from the staging area to the furnaces
- Skim slag or remove excess metal from equipment using hand tools
- Transport molten metal from furnaces to transfer ladles
- Accurately read temperature gauges
- Collect samples and/or signal workers to sample metal for analysis
- Report directly to the Shift Supervisor
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willing to take instruction from multiple team members as needed
- Stay on task and communicate well with others
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, safely
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.