Buck Company is looking for a Finishing Supervisor to join our team in Quarryville, PA! As a Finishing Supervisor the right candidate will supervise and coordinate work activities of employees engaged in the production of castings to ensure quality goals and customer requirements are met in a timely manner as well as provide direction and leadership for the department.
As a member of the Buck team, you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401(k) plan, health benefits and more!
At Buck, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Supervise all processes of the Finishing Department: Cleaning parts, grinding parts, Gauging parts, inspect before and after cleaning.
- Ensure all personnel are properly trained in efficient and safe work methods and procedures. Follow all company safety rules.
- Coach, train, assign and direct work of hourly associates in performance of work tasks using daily schedules, general instructions and production goals.
- Observe machines and equipment for malfunctions and order repairs as needed
- Interview prospective employees and coordinate training for new associates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, safely
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions and operations manuals
- Ability to operate basic shop equipment and use basic power tools
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Associates or better.
Previous demonstrated leadership skills
Knowledge of general foundry and equipment operation
2 Years related work and supervisory experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.