Dixon is looking for a Design Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX. The Design Engineer will be a key member of the Dixon BOSS/Eagle product support team. In this role the design engineer will create accurate customer and production drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD. They will be responsible for assisting sales in proper selection of products, formulating system costs, routings, drawings and pricing for engineered specials, as well as assisting the production team. Supporting the maintenance of an established quality system will also be part of the role. A bachelor`s in engineering or related science, SolidWorks certification and a minimum of 3-5 years working in an engineering role is preferred.
- Create design layouts and detail drawings using Auto CAD and SolidWorks
- Assist and recommend products for customer inquiries
- Size valve actuators and engineer product modifications
- Create and help maintain routings in the MRP system
- Determine production costs for engineered special products
- Perform contract/specification review and create or approve inspection and test plan
- Create MTR, PMI reports, and support documentation for customer orders
- Strong sense of professionalism, customer service skills and a self-starter work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Detail Oriented
- Strong computer skills (Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications)
- Knowledge of the valve and/or oil & gas industries
Solidworks or 3D Model
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
3-5 years: AutoCad and SolidWorks experience
3-5 years: ASME drafting standards experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.