Dixon is looking for an Assembler to join our team in Winchester, Virginia. The Assembly person will be required to perform quality and timely assembly of needed components using small hand tools or machinery. One year of previous manufacturing experience is preferred but not required. Mechanical aptitude and a positive attitude are a must.
- Assembly of parts
- Inspection of parts
- Strong attention to detail
- Primary focus is on production, product quality, and accuracy
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use basic mathematics specifically addition and subtraction
- Ability to lift and maneuver 20-30 lbs. consistently over the course of a shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to consistently and efficiently complete repetitive motions
- Flexibility and dexterity with fingers and hands for manipulation of parts and components
- Must be able to operate hand tools and other machining equipment
- Able to communicate effectively
- May need to stand at times for duration of shift
- Ability to follow basic instructions, understand and advise of non-conformance of operation
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
1 year: Manufacturing
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.