Hydrasearch is looking for a Machine Tool Cutting Operator in Stevensville, MD! We have a highly engaged workforce that emphasizes teamwork, welcomes new ideas, and actively develops our personnel to fulfill their potential. We are looking for the right attitude; pride in workmanship, strong work ethic, and eagerness to learn. We have the infrastructure to train with new opportunities for candidates to learn multiple facets of our business.
- Set up and operate material that cuts metal. Cut material according to written instructions and procedures.
- Reviews blueprints to determine the necessary adjustments to the feeding guides, blades, settings, or speed.
- Visually inspect bar stock to determine it meets specifications (including military specifications, blueprints, and job orders).
- Operate saws in a safe manner, conforming to all of Hydrasearch and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain equipment by monitoring blades and coolant; changing blades and replacing coolant as needed.
- Uses material handling equipment (forklift experience a plus) to safely retrieve materials from storage locations and move to the cutting area. Follow shop orders and prints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement
- Willing to take instruction from multiple team members as needed
- Stay on task and communicate well with others
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs occasionally over the course of a shift
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.