Buck Company is looking for a Quality Technician to join its team in Quarryville, PA. As the Quality Technician , you will perform a basic visual inspection of parts throughout the finishing process and determine disposition based on internal specifications and customer application. You must have the ability to work with department supervisors, leaders, and shop floor personnel to communicate acceptable vs. not acceptable level of defects. Must learn all categories of defects and have the capability to positively identify each with knowledge of root cause. Experience preferred but will train a qualified candidate.
At Buck Company, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently inspect casting defects to determine if the part is acceptable to be shipped
- Prepare job identification for proper documenting of scrap to shop orders
- Perform all job functions as outlined in the Functional Job Analysis
- Correctly fix any defects to ensure compliance with standards
- Follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy
- Perform all other job-related tasks as assigned
- Perform daily responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Accurately use all tools, gauges, and instruments
- Ability to learn and interpret part drawings to determine conformance to specifications
- Work with department supervisors, leaders, and shop floor personnel
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.