See all jobs in dayton OH
Please send résumé and cover letter via fax or email to:
Job Location: Dayton, Ohio
Oakwood Schools Education Foundation
April Start Date
Provide administrative leadership of OSF in conjunction with the Board of Directors to direct and support all operations, programs and initiatives. Advance relationships with community members, alumni, Oakwood City School District (OCSD) administrators, faculty and students to focus awareness on the Oakwood Schools Foundation (OSF) mission. Work closely with internal and external colleagues and constituents to establish, nurture, and grow donor relationships. Plan and execute events related to OSF initiatives.
Key Responsibility: General/Administrative
• Work with board members, district staff and community members to advance and support all aspects of OSF operations; provide strategic insight and counsel to the board.
• Ensure sufficient flow of information across the organization and between all relevant constituents; schedule and facilitate meetings as needed, demonstrating knowledge of all OSF operations.
• Work with the Nominating Committee to provide continuity of operations and smooth transitions with board members serving three-year terms.
• Prepare agendas and handouts; write and circulate minutes for board meetings, in conjunction with the board chair and committee chairs.
• Prepare and distribute grant request packets and all required follow-up correspondence.
• Respond to incoming communications directly and promptly.
Key Responsibility: Programmatic
• Plan and execute key events/initiatives in collaboration with the OSF board, Director of Development and OCSD’s Alumni Association Director.
• Publicize and market above programs and opportunities to ensure robust pools of applicants, nominees, etc. when applicable.
Key Responsibility: Marketing/Communications
• Maintain OSF presence in social media and on the OCSD website in coordination with OCSD, the Development Director and the board.
• Write and supervise design/production of OSF Annual Report.
• Initiate and submit press releases for distribution to local media.
Key Responsibility: Development and Donor Stewardship
• Assist the Director of Development (OSF) to establish, nurture and strengthen donor relationships.
• Work with the Director of Development to ensure all donors, at all levels, feel valued and appreciated.
• Support the Director of Development in the maintenance of donor files and database; ensure all gifts are recorded accurately.
• Support all development activities and campaigns.
• Assist with donor development of alumni.
Key Responsibility: Financial
• Support the preparation of quarterly financial statements including the budget variance analysis and board financials for review by Finance Committee and board in partnership with The Dayton Foundation (TDF).
• Prepare cash and checks for deposit with TDF and record information.
• Prepare and process all written requests for checks from TDF and record information.
• Reconcile quarterly fund account statements with general ledger accounts.
• Reconcile grant authorizations and actual payments in tandem with OCSD’s Treasurer’s Office.
• Facilitate signatures on donor acknowledgement letters generated by TDF.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent customer service and diplomatic problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills; attention to detail
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications
• Accuracy with numbers and the ability to distill and report meaningful information from financial reports in a concise manner
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field.
At least five years of related work experience; prior experience communicating and working with high net worth individuals, board members and/or corporate executives strongly preferred.
Basic working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping.
Development and marketing/PR experience, familiarity with OCSD and the Oakwood community a plus.
How To Apply:
Send resume and cover letter via fax or email to:
LaTonia McCane, Human Resource Manager
Dayton Foundation, The
The Dayton Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer