ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (PARKING SERVICES) - 0822 Salary
$32,177.60 - $46,654.40 Annually
516 Rutherford Street - Greenville, SC
- Brief Description
Under immediate direction and in compliance with straightforward and standardized policies and procedures, produces invoices, processes and tracks payments, and assists customers in person and via telephone with parking and payment related issues. Tracks and maintains payments in appropriate databases and updates account information as necessary. Processes daily payments and prepares for deposit. Produces reports on revenue accounts for the Office of Management & Budget (OMB). Assists customers with difficulties in processing invoices, occasionally audits accounts for corporate monthly customers, maintains customer files, (corporate folders and cardholder folders as well as hotel guest information), completes report of billing counts and distributes to administrative staff. Prepares bags for parking attendants for special events, counts revenue received from special events, runs month end reports and billing reports and sends to OMB.
- Job Duties
% of Time
- Produce Invoices: Invoice monthly parking customers; both corporate and individual accounts as well downtown hotels for use of City facilities ensuring all charges and credits are entered correctly. Sort invoices appropriately by automatic debit accounts (whether checking or credit card), accounts cancelled since last billing cycle, City lot parkers (to ensure monthly sticker(s) enclosed with invoice), multiple page invoices, and invoices to be emailed or faxed on the invoice date per customer request. Copy invoice summary reports and forward to OMB. Generate hotel charges from parking software system for each hotel. Pull all daily information received from the Call Center monitoring for additional charges or credits. Generate Card Activity Report for passes used by valets.
- Provide Customer Service: Assist customers in person and via telephone directing calls to appropriate areas as necessary. Provide information on monthly parking, parking citations, and various other parking related inquiries. Assist all customers with purchasing parking validation tickets, paying parking citations, paying for monthly parking, obtaining monthly parking, and acquiring on street permits. Issue new and replacement parking passes.
- Process, Track, & Maintain Payments & Account Data: Process daily payments and prepare for deposit. Post monthly parking payments, parking citations, and web payments daily. Verify bank deposits monthly. Post all credit card and checking account auto drafts. Process all parking applications and assign account numbers to new accounts. Make changes to established accounts as necessary. Add and remove parkers when accounts cancelled. Ensure hard copy back-up for all accounts. Post charges to correct accounts. Stay abreast of the crucial dates and configure software system to post charges automatically to accounts on appropriate dates for monthly rentals and late fees.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Over one year of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping related field.
- Experience providing customer service.
Driver`s License Requirements
- Valid South Carolina Class D Driver`s License.
- Generally accepted accounting practices, practices, and procedures along with their application for governmental accounting.
- Accounts payable procedures and processing invoices.
- Submit requisitions and invoices for approval and payment in purchasing software, record and track expenditures in spreadsheets, and maintain expense and contract files as directed.
- Process reimbursements for personnel travel and training expenses.
- Accurately process, and account for cash and receipts by making basic mathematical calculations.
- Maintain excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Organize accounting data in preparation of reports and statements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, and policies.
- Write reports, prepare business letters, summaries, and emails using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Operate general office equipment to include scanner, fax, printer, copier, telephone, and computer with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Use a calculator, currency counter, and credit card machine.
- Working Conditions
Primary Work Location: Office environment.
Protective Equipment Required: None.
Environmental/Health and Safety Factors:
Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Continuously requires fine dexterity, handling, vision, and hearing. Frequently requires sitting, reaching, pushing/pulling, and talking. Occasionally requires standing, walking, bending, and crouching. Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
Frequently requires frequent change of tasks, performing multiple tasks simultaneously, and working closely with others as part of a team. Occasionally requires time pressures and tedious or exacting work. Rarely requires emergency situations, irregular schedule/overtime, and noisy/distracting environment.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
The City of Greenville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Prospective and current employees should contact Human Resources to request an ADA accommodation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The City of Greenville offers a comprehensive and affordable benefits package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit the needs of our employees and their families. View more details about these benefits here: City of Greenville Employee Benefits.
The City offers the following health insurance options to eligible employees:
All health insurance coverage is effective the first of the month following the employees hire date except for LTD which is effective the 91st day following date of hire.
- Basic Term Life
- Employee Supplemental Life
- Spouse Term Life
- Child Term Life
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Voluntary Benefits (Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Care, etc.)
LEAVE & HOLIDAY BENEFITS
- General Leave is earned/accrued biweekly by all regular, full-time and permanent part-time employees as a percentage of normal work hours.
- The City of Greenville observes 11 paid holidays.
The City is a member of the South Carolina State (SCRS) and Police Officers (PORS) defined benefit Retirement Systems.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
OTHER BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Employee Recognition & Awards Program (ER&A)
- Employee Service Awards
- Longevity Bonus
- Worker`s Compensation
- Deferred Compensation
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- City of Greenville (SC)
- 206 S. Main St
Greenville, South Carolina, 29601
How To Apply:
Please fill out our Online Application by clicking the Apply button below:
Our office hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
The City of Greenville will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals. The City of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability status or age in employment or provision of services.