Buck Company is looking for an experienced and motivated Electrician to join its team in Quarryville, PA on 2nd shift. As an Electrician you will repair, maintain, replace, install, and test electrical/electronic systems, circuits, and equipment. Inspect equipment and diagnose trouble or malfunctions and keep equipment in good/safe operating condition, as well as some production set-up and assistance. Must possess working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used. Daily tasks may vary and cross-training is essential.
Attention to detail and pride in workmanship will be integral parts of your position as a member of our team.
At Buck Company, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires and cables
- Test malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repairer and Maintenance Tool Maker, to diagnose malfunction
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors and position-sensing devices
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Perform housekeeping as required
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned
The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation, and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.
3 years: Preferred Electrical Experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.