- Able to do cross-discipline observations, plan reviews and scopes.
- Perform Site Survey (Scope) and/or Feasibility Studies to collect and/or verify Client and site information including preliminary conditions, design needs/requirements, and cost.
- Provide information to maintain daily logs and supplement observation records with photographs.
- Communicate and coordinate system performance or construction status with Program Manager, other disciplines, Client Construction Manager, Contractors, and Owner/Client.
- Communicate and collaborate with Team Members, Program Manager, other disciplines, and Clients to obtain necessary information for Construction Management services.
- Meet project and team deadlines.
- Review project documents for constructability to reduce design and/or installation errors.
- May review documents prepared by other Team Members for accuracy, scope of work, based on acceptable Construction Practices as directed.
- Observe building systems to determine if they are installed per plans, specifications, and adherence to building codes.
- Documentation of deviations and/or findings based on the observation with photos and reports, verify project status/completion.
- Perform Functional Performance Tests (FPT) on various systems.
- Documentation of deviations and/or findings based on the FPT / Commissioning with photos and reports, verify project status/completion.
- Train other team members.
Must have one or more of the following:
- 5 years specialized work experience in at least one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Fire Protection, Construction Management systems.
- 2 years post-secondary education in Construction Management or related field and 3 years applicable work experience.
- Journeyman or Masters License.
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection Design or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in Costworks or other estimating programs.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or REVIT platforms.
Experienced Construction Management Specialist that works under the supervision of a Professional of Record and/or Program Manager. This position displays construction management skills within the Fire Protection discipline to determine a project's compliance with construction documents, specifications, building codes, and other regulations for multiple project types.
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress code
- Generous paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development Support
- Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
- Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.