Position: LAUSD Project Construction Superintendent (Vertical Building Construction Experienced)
Location: Los Angeles, California
A "full-charge" Project Superintendent is responsible for all activities at the construction site, including providing a safe and productive work environment, maintaining project schedules and ensuring construction projects meets budgetary goals. The LAUSD construction project site is located on an active school campus, so demonstrated success with issues related to safety, site coordination and logistics is of critical importance. Candidates must have verifiable work experience as a construction general contractor's Project Superintendent, with additional construction experience relating to DSA and, in particular, LAUSD construction projects. Candidate must be a team leader and understand and be capable of creating and maintaining CPM schedules, and demonstrate a history of completing projects on time and on budget. Superintendent must have a proven track record supervising and coordinating all personnel including subcontractors and materials to prevent delays. Candidate selected must be a highly motivated leader.
Construction Project Superintendent Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have OSHA 30 Training Certification
- Must have completed at least one LAUSD construction project worth $2M or more in construction contract value
- Ability to daily supervise a single construction project of up to $2M
- Substantial construction experience supervising education projects, specifically DSA K-12
- Furnish three (3) references with name, phone number and email address
- At least 10 years of overall construction superintendent level experience in public building construction
- Experience in the construction trades is desirable
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and situations, including swing shift schedules
- Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling and Procore project management software preferred
Construction Project Superintendent Responsibilities include:
- Organizes, schedules, coordinates and supervises the work of an LAUSD school remodel.
- Operates as an adviser to the owner, design consultant team and all tradesmen associated with the project.
- Determines work priorities and coordinates work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project is constructed safely, efficiently and on schedule.
- Oversees and enforces the terms and conditions of construction subcontracts.
- Apportions work among employees and subcontractors according to project needs and coordinates work so that it maintains a smooth flow among the various trades.
- Introduces new trade subcontractors to the project as the schedule requires and collaborates with management of the various trades to ensure the work is properly planned and carried out in a manner consistent with the project plans, specifications, client standards and the contract.
- Provides and promotes a safe work environment by creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior and is respectful of the safety and work of others. Regularly holds safety meetings to ensure that the companys safety policies are being enforced.
- Works as a liaison to the owner and coordinates the plans with construction related activities stipulate by the contract.
- Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimates materials required for specific construction needs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with the CPM schedule and construction progress.
- Ensures that the materials for construction are on the project site as they are required and are stored and installed in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. Coordinates materials staging between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
- Maintains inventory and control of project tools, materials and equipment.
- Maintains a project's daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the home office as required.
- Holds, at minimum, weekly coordination meetings between all subcontractors who are currently on site and any that will be on site in the near future. Coordinates work-flows, safety, environmental concerns, manpower requirements, materials requirements and overall schedule through these meetings.
- Is responsible for the overall project CPM schedule. Writes and maintains short term interval schedules for the use and review of all trades on the project. Included are all phases of work that are current and applicable. Maintains progress against the overall project CPM schedule through implementation of the short-term interval schedules.
- Is responsible for quality control on the project: Holds all subcontractors and workers accountable for adherence to the project plans and specifications and required standards. Holds pre-installation meetings to review installation requirements and procedures for all major elements of the work and has a thorough understanding of the requirements for installation of all materials to be used.
- Coordinates all required inspections and ensures that all required testing is being performed per the contract documents and per local ordinances and regulations.
- Manages company and rental equipment for maximum productivity and minimum cost.
- Coordinates and facilitates the closeout of the project. Is responsible to ensure that all punch list items are completed in a timely manner and that the owner is satisfied with both the quality and timeliness of the project as it is completed.
- Maintains a positive and productive relationship with the Project Manager and functions as the onsite team leader.
- Acts as a mentor for subordinates and regularly reviews their performance and makes recommendations for improvements and career development.
Conant Company (www.conantco.com) is a B-licensed general building contractor that specializes in commercial construction in Southern California, particularly in the areas of K-12 education and private development. Incorporated in 2019, Conant Company is a construction business with family roots that date back to 1949. The company was founded on three overarching corporate objectives:
- Provide prosperity to our clients, employees and partners by facilitating competitive returns in the construction process;
- Contribute to fostering a positive business environment, both inside and outside the company;
- Build noteworthy projects with which Conant Company employees and partners are proud to associate themselves.
Conant Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.