Director, Imaging Services
Supports organizational function by supervising the planning, organizing, financial processes, coordinating and monitoring and evaluation of work planning in the Imaging department including but not limited to the following areas: Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Mammography, CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Nuclear Medicine/PET. Coordinates provision of imaging services as an integrated component of imaging and technical resource for the modality. Fulfills leadership role for department including addressing patient, physician and staff concerns.
Incumbent reports directly to the Division Director of Imaging Services with accountabilities to assigned campus and campus President or designee. The incumbent works collaboratively with executives and managers to achieve system objectives. Exercises professional judgment in performance of service and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Uses critical thinking skills needed for successful completion of all projects and daily accountabilities.
Works with vendors, third party payors, agencies, other health care agencies and other interested parties.
Uses and discloses patient protected health information: 1) Only as it applies to job function, 2) in amounts minimally necessary for intended purposes, and 3) in a confidential manner.
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: Setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback and recognition, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Maintains a positive culture of engagement. Works with manager/supervisor to provide a positive work environment for all staff members. Develops action plans based on PCA survey results to improve communication and any areas that have potential to cause dis-satisfaction with staff.
- Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of all strategic goals. Manages productivity of department, utilizes analytics provided to manage resources, control labor costs and meet the system financial goals.
- Oversees development and maintenance of quality control programs, ensuring department functions in accordance with all CHI Health standards, government and accrediting agency regulations. Safeguards the welfare of patients, personnel, and equipment. Works with Clinical Engineering to ensure that maintenance of department equipment including preventive maintenance is completed and is within safe operating standards. Monitors trends for potential hazards. Monitors RASMAS for any notifications of equipment or supply failures.
- Ensures all staff are educated and compliant with all National Patient Safety Goals as they apply to patient care including; use of at least two patient identifiers, labeling of all medications including those in syringes, proper hand washing, ensuring that the correct patient receives the correct procedure and all other goals established by the Joint Commission and CMS as they are updated. Participates in risk management activities including changes within all accrediting bodies and state regulations.
- Monitors incident reports and does follow up on any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure
- Is responsible for all department quality improvement projects within department, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staff licensing or certifications. Supports all campus and system quality measures. Is responsible to meet all requirements of CMS and Joint Commission as they apply to imaging services. Confirms that all staff recognizes safety standards required by MR and Radiation including; Image Gently and Imaging Wisely.
- Develops and/or participates in activities that promote and advance community health.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline: Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Certification in imaging modality, State Licensure in Medical Radiography, Nebraska/General Radiology Technologist, ARDMS, NMTCB, or ABNM, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
- Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience strongly preferred
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.