TITLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
INDUSTRY: R&D Industrial Machines
AREA: Ottawa, KS
SALARY: $ 90,000
Our client, a 25 year old manufacturer of large scale equipment, has asked Sterling St. James, LLC to source, screen and qualify candidates for this responsible position of Mechanical Engineer.
This individual will be a key engineer that will work heavily in the Industrial equipment design and manufacturing arena. This is a relatively small company with about 50 or so employees, but they are Owned by a large firm that is ready for big company ideas, processes, and procedures while they retain their friendly, family type environment.
The Engineer will handle:
- Evaluate and develop Mechanical system specifications with hydraulic & pump design properties, products, components and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of motors, gearboxes, spare parts, materials and products.
- Generate and maintain product designs.
- Redesign parts and products through reverse engineering
- Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process development, project management, prototype, pre-production, maintenance.
- Write and maintain manuals.
- Work both in the office and in the field.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques to produce cost effective designs with safety, environmental regulations.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites occasionally, to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, & manufacturing support up to 5%
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years in Engineering and Manufacturing
- R&D and Project Management Experience
- 3D experience necessary
- Personal strengths
- Interpersonal skills- Team Player
- Oral, Written & Listening skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-starter Get it done
- Go Getter
- Large project experience a plus
- Machine design ability
If you have an interest in pursuing this position send your resume as an attachment in MS Word format to receive immediate consideration.
This is an opportunity to significantly impact the organization and bring fresh ideas to an already successful company. Great opportunity to get into all aspects of Mechanical Engineering.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.