The production planner/customer service representative coordinates activities from order intake to order fulfillment in an advanced coatings production facility. The team consists of approximately 120 employees in the Matthews, NC area.
The hiring client is seeking an associate with prior experience in the coatings, or a similar industry, and a stable work history. The ideal candidate will be capable of planning, organizing, maintaining accurate records and have savvy communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Plan orders, providing estimates as required.
- Coordinate scheduling of manufacturing orders.
- Coordinate with Operations and Quality personnel to ensure orders are consistent with specifications.
- Provide customer service to assigned accounts.
- Monitor raw materials inventory levels on an ongoing basis to ensure adequate inventory.
- Expedite Customer and/or Vendor shipments as necessary.
- Responsible for assuring that the systems and procedures used to support customers and projects are documented, implemented and effectively used and are consistent with the policies contained in the quality systems manual and its supporting documentation.
- Enter & acknowledge customer purchase orders and rectify discrepancies. Communicate with Business Account Manager as needed.
- Enter and release manufacturing orders required to produce customers order. Close orders if required.
- Initiate approval process for time and material orders.
- Review raw materials inventories and order materials as necessary. Expedite raw materials as needed.
- Enter new resource masters, production models and schedules and perform ongoing file maintenance.
- Provide current to date sales dollar information & open order status to commercial group.
- Assist commercial group with weekly M-File forecasts for assigned accounts.
- Participate in forecasting projected inventory moves.
- Maintain data for internal use.
- Manage packaging supplies for the plant.
- Implement kanbans for raw materials and packaging supplies where appropriate.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR THE ROLE
- On-time delivery to customers.
- Raw Material Inventory
- Inventory Days on Hand.
- Weekly Inventory move forecast accuracy.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.