TITLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
INDUSTRY: R&D Agriculture
AREA: Western Greater Kansas City
SALARY: $ 90,000
Our client, a 125 year old manufacturer of agricultural equipment, has asked Sterling St. James, LLC to source, screen and qualify candidates for this responsible position of Mechanical Engineer.
This individual will be a key engineer that will work heavily in the agricultural equipment design and manufacturing arena. This is a relatively small company with about 50 or so employees, but they are ready for big company ideas, processes and procedures while they retain their friendly, family type environment.
The Engineer will handle:
- Evaluate and develop Mechanical and electronic system specifications with fluid design properties, products, components and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of electrical materials and products.
- Generate and maintain product designs.
- Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process development, project management, prototype, pre-production, maintenance.
- Work both in the Lab and in the field.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques to produce cost effective designs with safety, ,environmental regulations.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites, to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, & manufacturing support up to 25%
- Out of country travel may be required.
- Participate in software, policy and procedure training and stay up-to-date.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in Engineering and Manufacturing
- R&D and Project Management Experience
- Fluid Power Schematics
- Solid Works or 3D modeling
- Agricultural Farm background helpful
- 3D experience necessary as well as FEA
- Experience with MatLab or similar software doing numerical analysis
- Personal strengths
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral, Written & Listening skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
If you have an interest in pursuing this position send your resume as an attachment in MS Word format to receive immediate consideration.
This is an opportunity to significantly impact the organization and bring fresh ideas to an already successful company.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.