Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day front-end management requirements including compliance with FDA, USDA, HACCP food safety standards. Leading a positive work environment for employees, coordination and training for the front-end operations and supporting the Plant Manager in all facets of the production operation.
Bachelors degree required in food science, operations or other pertinent field or
Must have at least five years of prior experience in FDA, HACCP and USDA-inspected plant
Must have experience leading a large group of employees and ability to motivate
Must have experience in food manufacturing
- Overseeing production processes
- Overseeing sanitation processes
Oversees management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Responsible for planning and organizing production and sanitation schedules
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Maintaining USDA, FDA, & HACCP and safety standards, including required inspections
- Providing production support and coordination for processing; acting as liaison between production, purchasing and sales
- Manage department operations from receiving through entire production cycle to sanitation, and all other various aspects
- Identify areas of improvement to ensure process is always efficient and innovative
- Assure regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to, USDA, FDA, HACCP, OSHA, etc.
- Achieve forecasted costs and percentages as expected by leadership team
- Ensure department is running at all times with fully functional equipment, motivating and creating a positive environment
- Schedule employees to ensure cost effective, and proper plant operations
- Engage employees in cross training and constant improvement
- Responsible for departmental safety and following food safety and food quality programs.
Knowledge and aptitude of operating budgets and concepts
Strong supervisory, administrative and employee relations skills
Strong attention to detail
Sound understanding of retail operations
Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Sound judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills
Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
Ability to work closely with internal and external customers
Ability to comply with USDA, FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.