Director of Distribution System Planning
> MUST HAVE electric utility system planning and analysis experience and proven management experience!
Seeking highly qualified Director of Distribution Planning an Electric Utility professional to lead and take charge of developing long term scenario-based plans for distribution system expansion, replacement and reinforcement. Must have deep expertise in distribution planning planning new bulk power stations, designing distribution systems, and upgrading these systems. A game-changer who combines technical depth and business acumen with great people skills to match.
The successful candidate will:
- Direct the electric distribution system planning and DER Interconnection planning, including compliance with state tariffs, industry standards and regulations and environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Direct the development of System facilities plan to identify areas requiring additional facilities to permit growth and interconnections between distribution systems and other transmission companies.
- Oversee and direct the coordination of activities across Company departments and with outside organizations including transmission companies.
- Direct the Distribution Planning department by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Oversee the management and development of area staff.
- Establish and monitor system network capabilities, utilization and performance measures.
- Provide direction to the changing needs of the distribution system based upon various scenarios and long- range outlook of load growth, EV (electric vehicle) penetration, PV (photovoltaic) growth among other evolving technologies.
- Present, direct and/or prepare corporate testimony and written responses for rate cases and other local, state or federal regulatory proceedings.
- Analyze and recommend resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies.
- Collaborate with other departments/engineers on preliminary design of system projects.
- Serve on various internal committees and task forces to provide information and recommendations to executive leadership.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred. MBA is a plus!
- Minimum of 12 years in distribution system planning, engineering or operations management experience including supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of the distribution power system, Distribution models including modeling of DERs, study practices and planning processes in different regions within US.
- Demonstrated leader in the utility industry who combines presence, expertise, and command.
====SALARY: DOE. Comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance. swbkr79-42220
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.