Product Development Scientist Coated Glass Spring Green, WI
Why work here?
- Leading glass company in the development of residential glass for windows and doors.
- 40 manufacturing sites across the country including the manufacturing of float, coated, insulated, tempered and laminated glass.
- This top company is expanding its technical team.
- Fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Nice location. Safe neighborhoods.
Your Role with the Company:
- Working in the Glass Technology center and evaluating new technologies for new products to transfer to the clients high-volume plants.
- Technology center has 3 magnetron coaters for high-performance thin film coating and process equipment development.
- The facility has numerous analytical instruments including FIB, XPS, FE-SEM, EDS, XRD, AFM, UV-Vis and FTIR.
What you will be doing:
- Work on independent and team-based projects
- Manage and mentor direct reports Convert new technologies into products that can be transferred to the high-volume production plants.
- Clearly explain technical information to customers, key suppliers, fellow researchers and upper management.
What you will need:
- BS or higher degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent field and at least 2 to 5+ years of Product Development experience.
- Experience managing projects.
- Hands-on approach to research.
- Experience with Liquid deposition techniques such as Sol gel or slot die costing.
- Experience with optical thin film characterization.
- Experience with nanomaterials is a plus.
- Experience with scaling up a research project to production is a plus.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.